essaouira_
The North Fork Shack Southold, NY

About


Owners Samy Sabil and Ryan Flatley,  formerly of the acclaimed North Fork Table and Inn of  Southold, N.Y, have been successfully operating their catering business based on the  North  Fork of  Long Island for the past 5 years.  The North Fork Shack was born out of that successful catering business, where they invite locals and those traveling the north fork of Long Island a taste of great food in a casual atmosphere.

Visit their site, Creative  Courses Catering where they do it all….luncheons and    dinner  parties al fresco, penthouse cocktail parties, benefits for local charities, private events, sunset weddings  overlooking the Sound….with class and charm.  Not only does their cuisine impress, but so does their ability to connect with people.

about-us

SOUTHOLD
Southold was settled by English
colonists in 1640, and in most
histories is reported as the first
English settlement on Long Island
in the future New York State. Lion
Gardiner established a manor on
Gardiners Island in East
Hampton a year earlier in 1639.
The Dutch colonists, who had
arrived in the region earlier, had
settlements to the west- Fort
Orange (later renamed Albany by
the English) in 1615 and New
Amsterdam (later renamed
Manhattan) in 1625.
The name Southold is believed to
be an elision of Southwold, a
coastal town in the corresponding
English county of Suffolk. John
Youngs, the minister who was one
of the founders of the Town, was
born and brought up in
Southwold, Suffolk, England.
Youngs was a member of St.
Margaret’s Church in nearby
Reydon. Within the Town’s limits
is an area known as Reydon
Shores, perhaps a reference to the
Reydon, England known by
Youngs. The Town’s name also
may refer to a “holding” to the
south (of New Haven), from
whence the original settlers
hailed.

long-island-wineries

CASABLANCA
The original name of the city was
Anfa, in Berber language, by at
least the seventh century BC.
After the Portuguese took control
of Anfa in the 15th century AD,
they rebuilt it, changing the name
to Casa Branca. It derives from
the Portuguese word combination
meaning “White House” (branca
“white”, casa “house”). The present
name, which is the Spanish version,
came when the Portuguese
kingdom was integrated to the
Spanish kingdom.

The area which is today
Casablanca was founded and
settled by Berbers by at least the
seventh century BC. It was used as
a port by the Phoenicians and
later the Romans. Casablanca is
the largest city of Morocco,
located in the northwestern part
of the country on the Atlantic
Ocean. It is also the largest city in
the Maghreb, as well as one of the
largest and most important cities
in Africa, both economically and
demographically.

casablanca01

Loading